I am a Portrait Artist and Landscape Photographer
I am so fortunate to be a photographer. God has given me an eye for beauty, a creative mind and an adventurous spirit – I rarely go anywhere without a camera in my hand, fearing I will miss something incredible and miraculous. I enjoy creating unique, one of a kind portraits that are both intimate and original. I also enjoy capturing the exquisite beauty of God’s creation, whether it be landscapes or wildlife. I continually strive to discover and capture art and beauty, whether it be the innocent face of a child, the passionate kiss of newlyweds or the sunrise streaming through an autumn forest.
I truly love my profession and am committed to providing my clients with not only a great experience but also beautiful portraits. My quest is to exceed the expectations of my clients, to honestly portray their personalities, their relationships, their emotions and the story of their lives. When they see their images, I want them to be absolutely delighted! It thrills me to realize I am giving them fine works of art that will preserve these memories for generations to come.
I am a Certified Professional Photographer
I earned the Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) designation from Professional Photographers of America (PPA) after completing an intensive program that measures one’s artistic and technical competence. On a national level, fewer than 3% of professional photographers are certified. I sought out this certification because it holds me to a higher standard. Just as doctors, lawyers and other professionals seek certification in their industries, I wanted to show my clients and potential clients that I am qualified to be the best photographer for them.
Master of Photography
I worked hard to earn this prestigious degree. The Master of Photography degree is not merely a piece of paper. It means that the recipient has met the standards of excellence set by PPA. The degree is awarded in recognition of superior photographic competence demonstrated through photographic competition, advanced education and service to the profession. I am honored to be recognized for superior image making and photographic service and to have the M.Photog. designation after my name.
Photographer of the Year
In 2016 I was named Ohio Photographer of the Year and an International Platinum Medalist, with three images included in the PPA Loan Collection and one image in PPA’s General Collection.
In 2017 I was West Va Photographer of the Year and also an International Diamond Photographers of the Year, with all four competition images accepted into the PPA Loan Collection.
I am proud of my accomplishments as an artist and photographer, but I will always seek to improve my craft. I am continually learning new things about photography, posing, lighting, etc. For the past ten years, I have taken many classes, trainings, and mentorships to better my skills and have attended many state and national conferences.
Random Facts about me:
– I am a Christian and follower of Jesus.
– I am optimistic and rarely worry.
– I am a vegan, but not an angry one.
– I enjoy cooking and making creative, colorful and healthy meals. I can’t help but take pictures of them but refrain from posting on social media because I know it irritates a lot of people when they see “what I ate for dinner” posts.
– I love hiking, being out in nature, seeing and photographing birds, wildlife, waterfalls, etc.
– I broke the Ohio State Record for the 400m dash (56.3) when I was a high school senior and got a full ride to Marshall University.
– I obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology and a Master’s degree in Fine Arts (yes I know this is a strange combo)
– I am in the Marshall’s Hall of Fame for Volleyball and Track.
– I am crazy about art supplies, hanging out in art stores, and painting.
– I have three wonderful sons, Mason (28), Carter (23) and Landre (18). Best thing I have ever done – being a boy mom.
– I am married to my best friend and fellow adventurer in life, Clark.
– South Africa
– Costa Rica
– Baja Peninsula of Mexico
– Banff and Jasper National Parks in Alberta, Canada
– Valley of Fire and Death Valley
– Glacier National Park
– Moab, Utah
– South Padre Island in Texas
– Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks
– Lighthouse tour on the Coast of Maine
– Great Smoky Mountains & Blue Ridge Parkway
– The Palouse
– Florida Keys, Destin & the Everglades
– Coast of Rhode Island